The FI(A) course opens the opportunity for experienced pilots to work as a flight instructor, and give over flight experience professionally, moreover build up some flight hours for free. At CAVOK, we provide high standard trainings, at all levels, so the FI course provides instructors with many years experience in general aviation, and thousands of flight hours on single piston engine types.
Course entry requirements
- have received at least 10 hours of instrument flight instruction on the appropriate aircraft category, of which not more than 5 hours may be instrument ground time in an FSTD;
- have completed 20 hours of VFR cross-country flight on the appropriate aircraft category as PIC; and
- hold at least a CPL(A); or
- hold at least a PPL(A) and have:
- met the requirements for CPL theoretical knowledge,
- completed at least 200 hours of flight time, of which 150 hours as PIC;
- have completed at least 30 hours on single-engine piston powered aeroplanes of which at least 5 hours shall have been completed during the 6 months preceding the pre-entry flight test
- have completed a VFR cross-country flight as PIC, including a flight of at least 540 km (300 NM) in the course of which full stop landings at 2 different aerodromes shall be made
- English proficiency minimum: ICAO level 4
- 25 hours of theoretical teaching and learning
- at least 100 hours of theoretical knowledge instruction, including progress tests
- at least 30 hours of flight instruction, of which 25 hours shall be dual flight instruction, of which 5 hours may be conducted in an FFS, an FNPT I or FNPT II
Course type information
FI(A) course gives a restricted instructor license. The limitations shall be removed from the FI certificate when the FI has completed at least: 100 hours of flight instruction, and supervising 25 solo flights.
For theoretical sessions: Budapest 17th district Bulyovszky street 32. (CAVOK HQ)
For practical sessions: Gödöllõ airport (LHGD)
Please apply via email or phone.